​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Groceries in Inverness

Hi All ,
Just to put a bit of perspective in , Terry ( it must be Terry L.) is a whole lot of a legend . I first met him in " Shielin o' Mark" on my first challenge 2006 . He came in early evening and spotted my 1/2 pint paraffin optimus roaring away and quickly shouted his son and said " this is one of those stoves l was telling you about!" , and followed it with," anyone got any coffee" . I was able to oblige. I was on my first challenge with a 50 pound pack and a blister on the sole of each heal, i made it to the finish and have remembered the encounter ever since , he is the salt of the earth as they say !.
Now that i am furnished with a Pacemaker i might consider having another go ( a 7th) in the hope of bumping into him . I am now stuck trying to discover the meaning of a "valid URL !!!!! .

Well, William.

The sum of your character reference for our Terry is that he recognised a Primus and ponced a coffee.

I think you need to do better than that.

However I believe our 'foreign' visitor has already realised that the vast majority of Challengers are a thoroughly decent sort.

It's not really good form to protect the guilty party, but you do of course have form.

:thinking_face:

No problem at all, folks. I see now that I overreacted to Terry's lighthearted post. The fault is mine, and I look forward to raising a pint (and walking) with you all soon!

Kent

That's the spirit Kent . Concentrate on enjoying yourself and looking after your feet . I now have to try and pass the URL stage , still don't know what it means .

What exactly is your "URL" issue William?

Hi Kent, no the fault was mine , I was just being a bit Churlish , I'm also in Inverness that morning so if we meet it a large dram for us,,
🌈🦋👍

Hi Kent, no the fault was mine , I was just being a bit Churlish , I'm also in Inverness that morning so if we meet it a large dram for us,,
🌈🦋👍

Thank you for asking this, I am coming from the US as well and was wondering about where to get groceries. I dreamed last night I started out and had not packed food. :relaxed: