​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Ferry crossing - Drum

Many thanks Alan, and thanks for the welcome. I have the notes printed out so I'll put the kettle on and have a more detailed read through.

The following is a communication from the ferryman, Gordon Menzies, of whom I made enquiries regarding the crossing from Drum to Inverfarigaig:

TGOC 2018
Loch Ness Ferry for this event

1). Once on route please TEXT me on 07831 434691 of your ETA. TEXTS are essential as I cannot make notes if I am driving or dealing with normal business activities.
2). The Boat will leave Temple Pier (IV63 6XR) as near to 8 am as possible. As the boat carries a maximum of 12 passengers I will continue to make crossings until all passengers are across.
3). The evening crossing will be at 6pm and the same actions will apply.
4). It may be possible for a “mid-dayish” crossing to take place but this will depend on my normal business activities.
5). TEXTS from you will therefore give me contact details should this be available.
Thank you for your cooperation and look forward to giving you an uneventful trip across the Loch.

General Information
The Supermarket in the village and the Drumnadrochit Post Office/Shop both open at 7 am and both serve bacon rolls and other hot snacks.

Gordon
Skipper
MV Cluaran Dubh
Loch Ness

Thanks for the info. Most helpful.