​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1-2 man tents

So last year i used a borrowed Scarp2 tent for the trek... i loved it as it was easy to put up and went up in one as the inner attaches to the outer a great design .... sadly i wont have it this year and costs of shipping and tax from USA put a new one out of reach.

So what are folk using?

I'm looking for either a up in one tent or outer pitch first.

I'm 6Ft 2" so needs to be a good size

My old terra nova i don't think is up to it and it also pitches inner first and based on my experiences with rain last year i don't want that

Re: 1-2 man tents

I'm using the nordisk telemark 2.
It's supposedly a 2 person tent but is too small for 2, it's perfect for 1 person though. Super light 0.7kg, and packs up really small, pitches outer first. Got mine at a good price online from wiggle.com.
Interested to know what you out for.

Well i think i've snagged a bargain and from a bloke i know as well

As i loved the Henry Shires Tarp tents so much i've blagged a purchased a never used Rainbow tarp tent, single skin so very light.

So no worry about import charges either as i was close to buying from the USA

Cant wait to get some multi day trips in once it arrives

Hi Tim,
I am selling my Scarp 1 tent with storm poles and some seam sealer, it's never !!! been used, its as brand new. I'm asking £240 + postage.
If you or anyone you know is interested in the tent then email me or email Ali or Sue for my contact details.

I'm using a Vaude Power Lizard UL. I'm on my third one as I'm happy with it. My first is worn out, my second ripped by a fox and my third bought cheaply on amazon. I've just checked and the sub £200 price i paid is no longer available. Each one was an improvement on the previous and the latest is a good upgrade.

It is amazing to read that one can use up 2 Power Lizards in 8 years.
In my view this proves that a lot of ultra-lightweight gear is not durable at all, let alone very sustainable.
I am going to use my 1993 own made tent on next Challenge, celebrating its 5th Challenge and its 25th anniversary! It is made of rather heavy-weight materials, hence its durability, and still weighs as much as a Scarp1: 1.5 kg.

I'm 6'2". I have a Zpacks Duplex and a Hilleberg Unna. I looove my Zpacks tent but I'm worried that it might be too cold and rainy for it during the TGOC. The Unna is great also and excels in rain because you can pack in/out the inner without getting wet. However it's a good 3+ pounds heavier. I'm taking both on a five day trip in West Virginia end of March, serving as a dry run for Scotland and guiding my decision as to which one to take.