​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Melgarve Bothy

Does anybody know the exact location for the Melgarve bothy? I'm thinking it would be a good pit stop, but I can't seem to find it on the map...

Re: Melgarve Bothy

I think I found it. Is NN 4633 9610 correct?

The bothy is marked as Melgarve at roughly NN463 959.
When I last visited, the door that appeared to be the front door was padlocked, but on going to the rear of the building the back door was unlocked. There were two downstairs rooms, one small one and the larger one with a fireplace. The stairs led up to two rooms and there was extra space on thd landing if the bothy was particularly busy.
Can be popular because of easy access, but we didn't have a problem, the weather was vile, you'd have to have been mad to be out in it.
I found by hanging out of the window in one of the upstairs rooms, I had a phone signal and could phone home 🤣

Thanks! And good to know abt the phone signal =)

I have a soft spot for Melgarve - I arrived there on the infamous 'storm Sunday' some years ago, close to exposure, having come over the pass. Dread to think how I would have fared if I had been out in the maelstrom for much longer. I was the only one there that night - amazing what hot food and sleep does to restore you!