​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Inverness to Torridon

Eeek! Started to look at how to get from Inverness to Torridon by public transport. Looks like no direct or indirect bus service. Train to Strathcarron then INK Motors bus to Torridon at 1250 but means very early start from home (near Inverurie).
Anyone done this before? Must be a better way! And to maximise use of my concession card!
Many thanks, Simon.

Re: Inverness to Torridon

Found a way - shared for info
27 bus (Stagecoach) :grinning: at 1205 from Inverness to Dingwall
711 bus (Westerbus) at 1305 to Kinlochewe
705 bus (Westerbus) at 1615 to Torridon (this is the school bus!)

Hi Simon,
Last year I posted an entry on the forum to see if anyone wanted to share a taxi from Inverness to Torridon. We had four of us and I contacted John McCormack at
http://www.seethehighlands.com
who was great. He charged £90 for the single journey which we all felt wasn't bad shared between the four of us.
A challenger previously had researched a load of local firms one year and found him to be the cheapest. He's had calls from challengers to book him each year now for a few years, so knows about us. It was well worth it and he was a nice guy.
Hope that helps
Sue

Many thanks Sue - brilliant info! I will put a new post on the forum to see who else is heading that way. However, I am a bit torn between the convenience of doing this and losing the purity of setting off for the challenge on my own, using the travel day as a buffer or a transition between normal life and the challenge, meeting other challengers on the way and generally preparing myself for the adventure ahead. Of course, a lot of this can also be achieved by sharing a taxi with other challengers!
Many thanks again,
Simon.