​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Water of Mark

You have the same idea as me Ulla. In fact from Shelin of Mark there are three different rivers you can follow down to Tarfside: Water of Mark, Water of Lee and Water of Unich. I've chosen Water of Unich to walk down but it may change on the day. I'm going to camp at Mark of Shelin, I think there could be quite a good atmosphere!

I have the same plan, though looking at the map again, I wonder if the Water of Lee might be a better route. I’m a first-timer so only the maps to go by. I should be camping at Sheilin of Mark on the Sunday night - what’s your plan?

Graham, I haven't decided yet, Sunday or Monday. Callater lodge would be nice on Sunday :beers:

There be monsters that way!:joy:

Last year I pitched between Ferrowie and Lair of Aldarie and pottered down Water of Unich - decided it meandered about a bit - cut through to to Burn of Longshank - past the Falls of Damff - over Hunt Hill to Glen Lee
and down to Tarfside and it was a very pleasant day.Never found the alleged path that went on my map from "ruin" to Falls of Damff but that is the joy of walking in Scotland (or my navigation)

PS Ulla - are you the Finn with the heel? If so I met you on the way to Tarfside

Janet, I'm the Swede with 2 (bad) heels :grimacing: but I've never been to Tarfside yet. Hope to meet you this year!

You mean Ulla who was everybody’s hero last year. Fantastic determination.

Don’t keep us in suspense Fred, what happened?

Ulla finished after really struggling with her heels from early on as I recall.

Um . . . Fred I think you mean Minna Lumirae, from Tampere? Her route was Mallaig > Dunottar Castle?
Click here for Minna's blog

Oops, your right.
My mistake, it’s an age thing, well I am old. Anyway, anyone who completes the TGO is a legend.... 👏👏

Only after 10 do you become an official legend.:sunglasses:

🙄.....

There seems to be some confusion as to who I am. I guess you will have to decide that for yourselves after we meet (and I hope to meet many of you!). However, this will be my first Challenge, so it is highly unlikely that I have met with any of you before, though not completely impossible since I have been to Scotland once and England on a number of occasions :)

I definitely got you mixed up! Apologies for that and hope to meet you on the Challenge.

Ulla apologies for muddling up my Scandinavian lady challengers and inferring that there was anything wrong with your feet (and causing widespread confusion). Look forward to meeting you in May.

No apologies necessary! And I do have nerve damage to both feet, so you weren't wrong =)