​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Nemo Hornet 2 person Tent for sale!

Every year, Mike and I struggle to decide which tent to use, as we try to go lighter and lighter (as we become weaker and weaker!). I bought a Nemo Hornet 2 for last year's Challenge, but when we tested it out for one night above Glenridding, we decided against using it as the flysheet does not come to the ground all the way round, and it was a tad draughty, so we reverted to the big Vaude Power Lizard 2-3p. Unfortunately, Mike then had to give up and go home after five days, but I couldn't go on on my own with such a big tent. (I am searching now for something modular, so that if we split again, the fit half of the pair can continue solo.)
Now, I need to sell the Nemo. It's a very light little tent, less than 1kg with pegs and guys, with two doors, and long storage areas down each side, and I think it would be possible to block off the windward side if you are cunning. Anyway, I have decided to sell it as Mike is adamant it won't work for him. It has had only one night's use, and it cost me £390 from www.ultralightoutdoorgear.co.uk. Please message me if you are interested in it.