​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Airbed?

I’ve used a Neoair XLite on my recent Challenges. No problems. Comfortable and warm. XTherm might be better if you’re a cold sleeper.

Humphrey,

I too seem to be suffering the same fate with my thermarest neoair xtherm.

It must be about a year and half since I purchased it, but it slowly deflates during the night losing a small amount of air everytime I use it.
Tried submerging it in the bath to check for a tall tale signs of leaks, but nothing showed.
But since they come with a lifetime warranty, I shall take it back to the shop with my receipt.
Its been the best sleeping pad Ive used and I can certainly recommend it, although I was too warm most nights on last years challenge it- cant beat it for comfort!
I think the standard xlite version would be more than adequate for the challenge.

I have noticed the same, but I assume it is to do with the cold. As you probably know air expands with heat and the converse is true. Most nights on the hill get colder as they progress and the air in the bag gets looser!

Hi, and thanks for your feedback...all very useful. Much appreciated. See you in May!

It's all been said before...
X-lite or x-therm.
Either is good.
If I didn't have an exped down mattress I would buy an x-therm.
I'll be using the x-lite, it is fine for May, I have used one (neoair before) on my last 8 Challenges.