​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Kings House Bunkhouse and The Way Inn closed

If you are leaving from Oban and are going this way, I have corresponded with Jessie Cattanach at the Kings House Hotel and due to their ongoing renovations they are not going to open the bunkhouse or the Way Inn until the redevelopment is completed. These will not be done by May. Vicky and I will be walking down the West Highland Way to the Glencoe ski center, about 10 minute walk, for the night and a meal.

Re: Kings House Bunkhouse and The Way Inn closed

The Glencoe ski resort is great. They have the little wooden cabins as well as camping. Remember to keep some £1 coins for the showers. The food I had was decent but basic and the bar was very busy. Must admit, the Kinghouse bunkhouse looked very nice when I went past. Seems daft to have it closed after building it.

Re: Kings House Bunkhouse and The Way Inn closed

I stayed at the Glencoe Ski Resort last year on my first ever crossing (Kinghouse was fully booked if I remember rightly). My start point was Oban.

My wooden cabin was very suitable, warm, dry and cozy. The bar and food was nice with a good view of the mountain. I met some other TGOers there as well.