​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Beinn Resipol

The route over this mountain is puzzling, has anybody been up and over and from were,
I’m veering to the ferry route over shieil

Re: Beinn Resipol

Yes, from Acharacle, road to Resipole farm, path up via the Allt Mhic which peters out. Follow the course of the right hand fork at NM738653 keeping to the higher ground to the south. Follow this to Lochan Bac an Lochain. One or two pitches to the E.& S.of the Lochan. Dump your 'sac and pick a line to the summit. Contour round Eastward 600- 550 metres to Meall an t-Sugain ad the Bealach nan Carn to pick up the track to Polloch or Scottstown. If making for Glen Gaur keep between the small lochans below Meall Iain to pick up the old mine road at NM819616 and follow this to the road, then by Bellsgrove Loch and to the south of Allt Ruighe Spardain to Cean a Chreagain and Eastward via the glen.

Or you can use the route through Sunart forest that was posted on this thread (8th message down).

http://pub9.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=757451871&frmid=14&msgid=792983&cmd=show

The thread on Sunart Forest is on the second page of this messageboard.

I have walked over Beinn Resipole on two challenges :sleepy: the first time going down to the loch side and along the shoreline to the Dig a' Bhogha: TGOC 2006
Following the Dig a' Bhogha beside the Claish Moss was 'interesting' :grimacing:

The second time I went through the forest on a good path through a fire break starting at NM695676 (fire break is shown on the Explorer map). This route bypasses the worst of the ground conditions and is a very pleasant, easy walk.

I followed the Dig a'Bhogha and continued up the ridge to point '444' and around the ridge to Beinn Resipole. From the top I headed east, keeping to the high ground, to the radio mast at NM837665. My routes diverged at this point.

Given reasonable conditions it is a great route with fantastic views, enjoy. :evergreen_tree:

Thank-you all, I was bean silly and not reeding the maps and satellite proply.
Your knowow has put me rite thanks.