​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Camping around Fortingall/Kenmore???

Does anyone know of an acceptable place to wild camp somewhere around Fortingall / Kenmore? I was going to walk on to the B&B at Coshieville but they only take 2 night bookings in May! There don't seem to be any other B&Bs around and the Hotels are very £££££!!!

Re: Camping around Fortingall/Kenmore???

Hi Jenny,

You could try Culdees bunkhouse at Boreland Farm (Fearnan). I stayed there some years ago on the Challenge and I can recommand it.
Instead of the booked bunkhouse I got a nice room and breakfast was served the next morning.
Info: info@borelandlochtay.co.uk, tel. 01887 827691.

Hein

For wild camping the S shore of Loch Tay should be OK once away from civilisation. Last year I approached Fortingall from the NW down Gleann Muilinn and there were plenty of camping spots in the last few Km before reaching the pub.

Thanks Folks I'll get sorted soon now!

Hi Jenny

I tried to book in to Coshieville for 1 night in 2015 and got a rather off putting terse response so changed my plans to have a B&B in Pitlochry the following day instead. However due to various issues I landed up walking Glen Lyon and needing accommodation in the area. I phoned in the morning from Bridge of Balgie and they were happy to take me for a single night that evening. Lovely single en-suite room, friendly hosts and a small kitchenette for guest to prepare their own evening meals. Would recommend it so worth taking the number with you.
If you can't get in then there is a new path - waymarked but not on the map - along the Lyon and then Tay heading towards Aberfeldy with quite a few possible pitches and quite a few fishermens bothies. A lot of these are locked but some are open 3 sided shelters.

Oh thanks Ali that's great info I'm very grateful for your answer and everyone else's advice. Fingers crossed my route should be in Tuesday now!
Jenny