​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Glen Strathfarrar to Glen Cannich

I'm looking to minimise heather bashing in getting from Glen Strathfarrar to Glen Cannich - has anyone done the following: Leave Glen Strathfarrar at 330396 taking the path S then SW, then cutting through the bealach near Loch Carn na Toiteil and hitting the path that comes out at Craskie at 303340. A shorter route but involving a lot more heather bashing and heading higher up leaves Glen Strathfarrar at Inchvuilt (227386) on the track heading S, then cutting SE to the bealach at 240358 then heading slightly E of S, more or less following the burn, to gain Glen Cannich.
Thoughts would be much appreciated.

Re: Glen Strathfarrar to Glen Cannich

Hi Simon,
Your first option is part of the route I did this year, very doable, but easy to loose the path coming out of the forest on the S side of Strathfarrar, just use your compass if lost. You should also note that the Craskie Burn does not have a path alongside it. I was blessed with good weather so found no problems with the ground.

As far as I am aware there is no bridge at Inchvuilt and the River Farrar would likely be a problem to cross.

There is a very substantial bridge at Inchvuilt, or at least there was when I was there last.Also the fb at nh226383 is no longer, but is easily fordable to pick up the old stalkers path by the Allt Innis a'Mhuilt.

Ignore that last message,I am sorry for the misinformation. The bridge at NH262383 is intact and used by me.Traces of the old path followed up the Allt Innis na Lairich to about NH256359 Bealach a' Bhaca. follow the vague path on the East side of the Allt a' Bhaca then the Liatrie burn down to the road at nh251327.

Many thanks. Going for that last suggestion - much appreciate it,
Simon.