​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Who's nicked the Avatars?

There's a clumky way you can insert an Avatar...... if this works....

And, Andrew - there's a Make Changes button on the desktop version ie after previewing. Not sure about after posting.

Avatars next to each post do help me to remember who said what so I hope they come back.

EDIT - and yes you can edit the post afterwards. My piccie, above, uses the [img] bb code ..... but you really wouldn't want to bother doing that every time you posted.

OK, here's the skooby . . .

Firstly, understand that the look, feel and functionality of the forum is controlled by Bravenet Web Services, who provide hosting, domain services and a number of web tools and functions. They're based in British Columbia. In other words, none of these changes to the forum - which took place yesterday afternoon - have anything to do with the TGOC Coordinators.

What's happened is that in writing the code for this new version the Bravenet programmers missed out two important elements.

The first was to omit the Avatar field used when creating a new thread or posting replies. Previously you could fill in Name/Email/Subject/Avatar - with Email and Avatar being optional fields. Now you're only presented with Name/Email/Subject.

The second is that the code element that previously pulled in the user-defined image source for the avatar is missing. You're now presented with a generic image showing the first letter of the user's name.

So, what to do? Well, you can contact Bravenet through Facebook Click here to go to the Bravenet Facebook page. You can use Twitter Click here for Bravenet's Twitter feed. I can't find their eMail address.

I've sent Bravenet a message through their Facebook page which you can read here if you're having trouble sleeping . . . .

Meanwhile you can have fun fun fun replacing the first letter of your name with random characters heh heh . . .

I like it!

I lick it!

We leck it!

>%< v^**+#{¥_?<~+=•;&””? ~~%#€|][++$^?<

Yep I spotted the edit option in normal mode. Android mode has far less functionality.
It still a crapdate not an update.
I'll be posting to Bravenet. They need a better software engineer . :sweat_smile:

Oh. FFS , NOW they have bloody image based confirmation on submission :rage:

Aha! The Avatars have returned! Be afraid. Be very afraid . . .

I think geeing Bravenet up on twitter must have pushed this along smartly.
Cheers, HMP3
:smiley:

So they have....
Time for a NEW one then... OH Yes....

:joy:

A change is as good as a rest :joy:

On second thoughts..... :scream: :thinking_face:

It's all very good that the avatars are back, but I would like to know how to do it. Where do I upload the pic to? (by the way, I look forward to meeting you all on the challenge :smile: )

Try this thread:
http://pub9.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=757451871&frmid=14&msgid=792565&cmd=show