​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Just how addictive is the Challenge?

I've tried that! Did a section last November and another at Easter! Wow what an experience - but not the same buzz (lacks the social scene?)

I survived this year using the CWT methadone but it doesn't have the same effect as the real thing.

I WILL BE BACK

When i did my first one in 2006 i really enjoyed it, i did suffered from the dreaded blisters on both feet and that kind of got me down but after i got home i sat their and told myself wow what have i just done, i went on about it for the next 10 years till i did another in 2016. I can understand the 48% of people would only do one because that is what i sometimes say to myself, ( It wont be the same experience as the first one) how wrong could i be. I can also understand why people want to keep doing it. For me its the people you meet from all walks of life, the stories, the sing songs in the bothys to the peace and quite and the harsh weather you can encounter. Sometimes work and family commitments get in the way but once you have been given the green light you get the TGO fever and thats a great feeling..

When I finished my first Challenge in 2004, Roger asked me if I'd come back to do it again. 'Try to keep me away!' was my reply.

2018 will (hopefully) be my 12th successful crossing although I've been back every year, not necessarily doing the Challenge but always taking part in some way.

I'm an addict and there is no cure. Thankfully.