​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The Beast of Cumbria??

Yes, there are indeed some interesting and exotic beasts to be found on the Challenge...

Your story is fascinating too. I’ve done a bit of research this week and it appears that sightings of large cats are more widespread and more common than I had imagined. The theory is that animals were released into the wild when the keeping of such exotic pets became illegal in the ‘70s and that these animals have since bred.

It’s interesting that you describe that area of your sighting as having plenty of cover – the same is true where I was – bracken, long grass and some trees. I think I might be sticking to more open ground for my next camp in the Lakes!

Re: The Beast of Cumbria??

Hi Stephen , You may not have to worry , the weather being what it has of late . If the " Beast " can't swim it's dead in the water . And this leads a promp for Alie and Sues post ! The Challenge cannot be addictive ! . If it is too wet as i discovered on my six crossings . I may return , but by choice . Just a thought . That it is worth doing is without doubt ! . wh 2006 - 2012 one gap year . You addressed your fears before , ( mine were rats in a bothie ) you can do it again . enjoy bill h. ps the " solo " aspect is the defining point .