THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!
FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,
FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD
PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!
Through trial and error I have found that this is what I have to do to get my Gravatar avatar to display on the TGO message board.
- I have already created an avatar by registering with Gravatar and uploaded a photo. I think the Gravatar instructions explain how to do that part.
- I log in to Gravatar
- On the Manage Gravatars page I click on View Rating
- It shows my Email Address, an Email Hash (a long string of numbres 0-9 and letters a-f), and a web URL which starts https://s.gravatar.com...........
- I copy and paste the line which starts https://s.gravatar.com........... into the Avatar URL on the message board.
- I then Preview the message I want to post on the message board to check that the avatar is displaying properly before I publish it.
I hope that's of some help to someone.
Thank you for your messages. Apparently the platform my Avatar was created on has now stopped doing it for free.... Someone has emailed me a possible solution which is being worked on....
Hopefully my lovely physog will soon be back to delight you soon...
You are a Very Clever Person! Thank you Judith
Happy to help.
Hopefully this is now working. Can someone let me know if they can 'see me' please?
Yes, I can see you.
Splendid. Thank you to everyone who helped me with this techy issue.
Thanks for the info, i have always wondered how you do this!
OK, having another go...
Trying my Avatar again
Everbody's at it now!
Hm? My Avatar has disappeared .... and it looks like all Gravatar avatars have also gone.
Does anyone here have a Gravatar avatar which is still working on this site?
Judith - yr eMail is refusing to behave. If you could eMail me off-board I guess we can deal with this, together with yr current avatar issues. My eMail on the board below is kosher.
Ooops! I'd missed an all important letter off my email address. And now .... et voila, an Avatar!
Thank you, Humphrey, for your expert technical advice.
Mine seems to have gone walkabout too.
I also have gone invisible. Trying again - and and I'm back.
Success, even temporary is fine.