​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Glen Clova no more

I'm sorry to hear that the Kirkton of Glenisla hotel has shut down. I really enjoyed my lunch there in 2016. Does anyone know what has happened?

I stayed at Kirkton of Glenisla in 2016, it was lovely, comfortable, good food, and lively; seemed well supported and a good atmosphere. A stopping place on the Cateran Trail too. A shame it has closed, hope it's something that can be sorted out.

From what I can gather the place is owned by some property company based in London and they don't have a drinks license and the couple who managed the place and acted as licensees suddenly decided they didn't want to do it anymore for some reason.
It is a shame because the place across the road which was also a good boozer also shut down and is now a private house.

Oops....looks like I copied the wrong link (it was Michelle who put up a post about the bunkhouse)

Looking at the plans, the drying room is now a mere cupboard half the size of a shower

"Letter from America" now ear-worming itself through ny brain. I wouldn't mind so much (love the song) if I I could remember the order if the "No mores" without looking it up. :)