​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Trip blog and photos

Thanks to Sue and Ali and everyone else involved in organising this years TGO!

I had an brilliant time and enjoyed every second of it, I met some amazing people along the way; I'll definitely be doing it again…in a couple of years.

Here you can read my blog and see my photo's, here is a short compilation of the videos I took.

My brother (Pete) and I raised over £1500 for the British Red Cross

Rich

Re: Trip blog and photos

Nice one! Enjoyed walking with you on day 1. Glad Pete got his rucksack in the end. Hope to see you again.

Cheers Robin, yes it was good to meet you and thanks for letting me tag along for the day!

Wow, what a great write up.

I remember being a little disappointed when I realised that you were going up the interesting looking hills and I got the dull one (Monadh Mor). But it turned out to be a nice day after all.

It was very nice meeting you, hope to see you again! :)
Please give my compliments to Pete for his song at Lochcallater Lodge.

Thanks Sabine!

One minute you were there and the next you'd disappeared over the horizon!

I think we were lucky with the weather that day, I'm sure Angels Peak, Cairn Toul and Devils Point aren't usually that clement!

Great to meet you too, I'll be sure to pass on your compliments to Pete

See you in 2019...or may 2020.

Hi Rich, Great read and well done for the fund raising. I had such a laugh with you, Pete and the Slackpackers at Glass Allt Shiel bothy!

Hi Ian,

Thanks very much!

It was quite a squeeze in the bothy but a good laugh! Very nice to have met you and thanks for the beer in Tarfside!

The next time it's my round!

Hey Rich,

Good write up, seems to consist of beer/wine - alcohol of your choice, and lots of food - all interspersed with a bit of a walk enabling you to repeat the above. Good Job, and well done to you both on the Red Cross money.

Regards to Pete.

BTW Others reading this, I know Rich would love it if you would let him know which is your favourite of the two brothers? Some sort of poll may be in order.

Thanks Dickie!

I'm sure it was you that told me on day 1 that the standard TGO routine is: Walk>Camp>Drink>Repeat!

ah you two left the Park Hotel early on Thursday, the results of the poll were announced at the end of the evening by Hamish, you'll be glad to hear I won!

mea culpa Rich - and dammit I did a postal vote for Pete!