​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Rucksack advice please

Tom, thanks for your comments, sadly the offer on Gooutdoors is for the S/M size - I'll need the M/L. I know that Bob Cartwright sells them and I may pay him a visit in Malvern as I bought the Gossamer rucksac from him 3 years ago.
best wishes Colin

I carried the Grand Tour for (I think it was) three Challenges - nice pack but the stretchy pockets kept catching on ******* things and needing mending. Also it had a clip on the hip-strap which didn't stand up to constant use, and which failed one day on the hill - awkward. However, with a replacement buckle it was great. Perhaps they have now got a better hip strap clip on the pack. I know I wasn't the only person to complain about it.
This year I carried the Mariposa on the CWT and Challenge - I LOVE it, especially the big stretchy pocket and the hip belt.

Lindy,

thanks for your helpful comments. I too love the practicality of the Mariposa, but it is not quite the right fit as I carried the weight on my shoulders for the Challenge. I'm going to look at the Osprey Exos before trying the GT. All the best Colin