​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Here's to the reluctant onlookers

Hi Lawrei,

When I read your post my mind flew back to 2011 - the year it rained every day on the TGO.

I recalled every day (before I re-read my blog post). Some Challenges stick in your mind more than others.

That evening I met your and Scott I was on my way to Culra Bothy and the two of you were camped a couple of K's before Bealach Dubh.

I know we had a chat and I eventually continued on my way.

To this day I can't get over the fact that Scott was walking with a busted ankle!

I'm sorry to read that you have have a few issues with your ticker! I hope the stent operation in June goes well.

Great that you will be meeting up with folk on this year's crossing. I did that in 2010 when I didn't get on through the draw.

The Social Hiking pages have been a new thing for me. Great to follow a number of folk I know and especially to follow Rich, Matt and Jason, Richard and Rosie who started from Plockton - where I would have started. We had all planned our first days, more or less the same.

As you say, it is hard to convey what backpacking long distances does to your mind and body. I hope that after your next operation you will be more mobile and able to get out on some walks.

I hope to get up to Scotland later this year as I have a number of Munros yet to climb. I may even have to go up when the flying vampires are about. That is, of course, once my wife is more agile about the house etc. She's improving well.

And there's always next year's Challenge: at least I have my route plan ready....

All the best Lawrei.