​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mallaig starters / Post office

I'm thinking of leaving the posting of my Montrose parcel to Mallaig, as it seems the post office opens at 9 am and the ferry to Inverie leaves at 10.15 (correct?). Is there any reason why I should't do this but try to make it to the post office in Edinburgh Waverley before I board my train tomorrow (like "there is no Post office in Mallaig anymore as it was swallowed by a sea monster just last week" or something like that). I'd rather not lug a second set of clothes, a book, the rucksack's cargo bag, a Fjällräven Kånken pack etc. across Scotland...

Thanks again for all your help.

Minna, from the Land of Last Minute Faffing

Re: Mallaig starters / Post office

Definitely go for Mallaig, Minna. It's in the Spar shop (hence the long opening hours) just down from and opposite to the Clachain in.

Opening times Normal Seasonal

08:00
22:00
Mon 08:00-22:00
Tue 08:00-22:00
Wed 08:00-22:00
Thu 08:00-22:00
Fri 08:00-22:00
Sat 08:00-22:00
Sun 09:00-21:00

Good luck with the journey

Vanessa (also from faff-land, and middle of the night faff-land to boot!)

Thank you so much, Vanessa!

So now today around noon at Glasgow Queen street station you'll see a person with a fairly large rucksack, a smaller pack in her hand and an even smaller travel pouch, and you all shall think that no way she can be a challenger with all that stuff

Mind you, if it WAS swallowed by a sea-monster last week, the news probably wouldn't get much further than Arisaig until some time next week ...

Luckily I'm now here to witness it wasn't!