​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Spectacles

Also recommend an anti-fog spray for keeping your glasses condensation free.

I have 2 pairs of cheapy glasses I take (one is NOT enough trust me).
Cheap and light.
As close to my prescription as I can.
Worked for last 4 Challenges for me.

When I get new specs on prescription, I relegate the previous pair to hill-walking duties, but I also take a cheap pair of magnifiers on the Challenge as backup. For me the main hazard is legs breaking off with much pushing/pulling in and out of pockets.

I agree with Judith that walking over rough terrain in varifocals feels insecure: in fact I prefer not to wear specs while walking (hence the frequent pocket activity). For rock-climbing, I once tried to persuade an optician that mounting varifocals upside down would be a good idea. He seemed unimpressed, but admitted he had heard of such a thing for snooker champions!

I just wear me normal specs (varifocals nowadays). Never occurred to me to do anything different. Don't carry spares or anything.

I do have some very clever frames, though, which I'll happily show you if we bump into one another along the way ... you can twist the arms to any angle you like and not damage them!!

Thanks chaps, for sharing your experiences and thoughts. I feel I might have left things a little late to find a cheap pair - definitely don't want evil glasses Markus!

Will see you (perhaps not too well) on the trails :)