​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Werewolves of The Upper Dulmnain welcome 2017 Challengers!

A warm welcome to all 2017 Challengers. Good luck on your journey, and you are all, as ever, welcome to our lair at NH 735 097 and our clubhouse further up the glen at NH 718 093.

A little history and context . . .

Allegedly the last wolf in Scotland was killed in 1743, in the Upper Findhorn – a locale well known to Challengers. We Werewolves of The Upper Dulnain, however, maintain that this was in fact the judicial murder of my father’s grandfather.

Maurice’s father, Raymond, fled south with the remainder of the pack to the Upper Dulnain, and Maurice was born in 1820. Raised into a culture of revenge and attrition, he took an alternate path. Raymond died in 1905, and as the new Clan Chief Maurice took immediate steps to move the pack into a path of understanding and collaboration. In the 1920’s he travelled to Tibet, and then further afield to live amongst the Mongolian Werewolves. Their humanist principles had a profound effect, and on his return to Scotland he worked tirelessly to combat racism and sectarianism. This brought him into conflict with, amongst others, the un-reconstructed Werewolves of The Outer Isles and The Creatures of Strathcarron, to name but a few.

But his work bore fruit, and we can now largely live in harmony.

Older Challengers will recall the unfortunate incident of ’83. At the time it seemed that all trust had been broken, and that we were once again returning to the dark times. Maurice rose to the occasion. At the next Full Moon he presented himself, in full regalia, in Kingussie. Who can forget his words. “Yes, I am a Werewolf. And yes, I am a proud Scot. My people live and love the Upper Dulnain, and hold her fast to our hearts. We honour and respect all creatures, and simply ask that you do us the self-same honour”

Maurice went on to be a founder member of the Kincraig Peace and Reconciliation Initiative, and in his later life worked tirelessly to foster inter-species understanding. He had a particular interest in The Scottish Wildlife Park, progressing a vision of a WereWolf Interpretation Centre. We shall not see his like again.

And how our times have changed! As Maurice’s daughter, I am the first Clan Chieftainess. And yes, this may be a sexist nomenclature, but no harm at present. My daughter may yet be Clan Chieftain. We proceed by small steps, but our paws go ever forward!

Eimar Woolf
Clan Chieftainess - Werewolves of The Upper Dulnain

Re: Werewolves of The Upper Dulmnain welcome 2017 Challengers!

Beware the Moon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3r1sP1wfQKg