​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: TGO rejects heading for Cape Wrath?

Good luck with the walk William. Are you going all the way or finishing at Ullapool? I'm starting from Fort William on the 12th of May and am planning to take 12 days to get to Cape Wrath.

Hi

I will be taking the morning ferry to Inverie on the 21st May and hope to get to Ullapool 7 or 8 days later when I have to return to Gatwick and home.

I have a flexible route planned with many options included. Both Foul and Fine Weather Alternatives. If the weather is good I may check in a B&B in Movich for 2 days and see what the five sisters are like.

Hope to meet somewhere.

William

Well, I have finally completed the Cape Wrath Trail.

I started in May at the same time as the Challenge, but injury, pack weight and toothache wisely saw me drop out at Dornie after just three days. Seven weeks later I restarted in July from Dornie and finally made it through to Cape Wrath. I had some good days and some not so good days, but the feeling of achievement whilst walking the final few hundred yards along the track to Cape Wrath lighthouse is not something I will forget in a hurry.

To anyone thinking of doing the CWT I have just this to say. Technically the CWT isn't difficult, you've just got to keep going over some long boggy sections. I was determined to walk all the road sections as well, but eventually hitched a lift to Rhiconich during a storm (in July, yes I know!) and no I don't feel guilty about it. Sometimes you just need to get off the hills, especially in bad weather.

Well Done Paul! Thanks for telling us about it straight. Hope to see you on the Challenge again next year.