​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Braemar

Our Braemar correspondent, Doug Bruce, has asked us to pass on the following information:

Gordon's Restaurant will be open to all walkers from early breakfasts to late dinners. Show your Challenge Card for a discount.
The Bistro and Coffee Bothy will also be open.
The Old Bakery is currently closed with no opening date available.

The Fife Arms remains closed for renovations until 2019ish! However the Moorfield will be open.

The Co-op as well as the well stocked garage will be open as will the chemist. However Strachan's shop has closed and will be a pub sometime in the future.

For myself I am off to Alaska but will be back in time to join Challengers in the Moorfield for a pint.

Keep walking!
Doug Bruce, Braemar

Re: Braemar

Hi, I would like to correct a few things that have been posted by Doug as I feel they are a little misleading.
Firstly Gordons Restaurant will be open Saturday, Sunday and Monday serving breakfasts from 8am and will serve meals until 8pm, we are not able to offer any discount but all participants are welcome.
Other restaurants including the bistro, Braemar lodge hotel, invercauld arms hotel, moorfield house hotel will also be open please see their own pages for opening times.
During the day time there is the bothy, Gordons, taste and the invercauld arms open for food.
Although the fife is currently closed the moorfield house hotel has a bar that offer a fantastic range of real ales and selection of fine whisky. The invercauld arms bar is also open to the public.
I hope this gives a slightly clearer idea of what is currently on offer in Braemar.
Thanks and happy hiking
John Torrance
Gordons Tearoom
Braemar.