​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Starting at Strathcarron

Hi Laura, you made me jump! But I'll be starting the Friday afternoon, that should be all right?

Yours,
Andre Hilhorst

Absolutely...sorry didn't realise you meant Friday...I'm arriving Thursday afternoon.

No problem Laura, I was the one that wasn't specific :-). I guess I will be alone the first few days, all of you speeding ahead by one day. Nice actually, I'll be enjoying the solitude. That will be so great after the stress of work and commuting.....

Hope to meet one day on the hills!

Hi Laura,

I was wondering the same thing. I had emailed the hotel about a possible room reservation (no luck - fully booked), and I also asked about camping. I heard back that the hotel is under new ownership. The woman who wrote me back said she'd ask the new owner about camping, and here is what she wrote today:

"I have spoken to the new owner and he has said that you are welcoming to camp, we have an area adjacent to the hotel or a small area in the grounds of the hotel that you can use."

So, it sounds like camping will be possible this year. I'm not sure how big the area is, but hopefully it can fit all of us roomless folks.

Great news Susan...well done for asking!