​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Kit Advice

Brian. You've been here. You know the scoop.

1 You don't need insect repellent. Unless you're looking to keep yrslef pure and sweet during a session at Braemar/Callater Lodge/Tarfside.

2 Water purification is your own choice. The majority drink straight up, no ice (oxygenationed source). It's yr call. I guess the only unfamiliar bacteria would be those coming from Mar-el-Lago. Melania, if you're reading this, blink twice. We can help.

3 Carrying additional footware simply to cross watercourses is, in my opinion, a total waste of time/effort/weight. You want to spend ten minutes every time you cross a stream? Go for it, babes. You worry that your feet may get wet/ Hah! Our skin is waterproof, last time I checked. It's your call - but many of us go for light-weight/no-goretex/trail-running shoes that do the biz.

If, however, you wear an absurdly long red tie, fixed against the wind by double-sided tape, then you may wish to, ah, consider your options ...

Click here for the horror . . .

Correction: listen to Humphrey!

Also, I didn't say I use my crocs for river crossings, just that if you do they have a strap on the back. I do enjoy them as camp shoes though, so I'm willing to carry the extra weight.

Don't get me started on the national embarrassment that is Trump. Hopefully he'll be in jail for treason soon.

Hahaha!!!

Thanks again everybody, both for the sound advice, and for the entertaining commentary!!

See you all in May!