​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Trail Shoes

Call me crazy, but my kids got me a pair of football boots for Christmas, and I haven't fallen over once while playing football recently.

You can keep your innov8's - I'm taking studs!

Could anyone tell me what Hoka or Altra shoes are like in terms of width of forefoot? They would have to be wider that Inov 8 shoes for me.

Thank you!

I find Altras much wider than inov8s and much more comfortable as they are wide at the toes and yet still cup the heel better than my inov8s. The zero drop takes a while to get used to, but now I wouldn't wear anything else.

Shap

Thanks, Shap. Sounds interesting.

Hi Emma

I have wide feet and have a pair of Inov Roclites which are comfortable (in a large size for my foot). Hoka Tor Summits and Mafate's are quite wide. Speedgoat's narrower. Altra's are famous for their large toe-box but I haven't tried them. You really need to try them of course and some materials mould to your foot better than others.

Willie

UPDATE: I tried on a pair of Altra Lone Peak 3.0's the other day. The fit was spot on for my size 9's. They are wider at the toe than Inov8 Roclites and are now a top contender for this year's Challenge.

They also come with neoshell waterproofing in a low and a mid fitting, but I will stick with non-lined version if go for them!