​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: sla'int mhath !!!

Definition of deoch an doris Here

Terry is getting his lyricists very mixed up, I fear. Most will be aware that the date refers to the immortal memory of Robert Burns. Yet the appalling piece of Kailyard doggerel he attempts to quote was popularised by the completely inferior and best forgotten Harry Lauder. For many Scots of my generation who were subjected to such stuff as they grew up, it's known as the Curse of the White Heather Club. Please let it die the death it deserves.

Colin

I'll drink to that!

Just for you, Colin, here is the White Heather Club, risen from the grave.

Ah, they don't make TV entertainment like that anymore ...

Many thanks Phil for reminding all who had to endure such programmes in our informative years....FFS.

oh! colin you old misery guts, he was the best ever singer to come out of Scotland I think your in denial !!! next time we meet ill stand you a wee decor an doris !!!!

What can I say Terry. No doubt you have all of his recordings. Plus those of Andy Stewart, Kenneth McKellar, Moira Anderson et al. Just saying all of those names brings me out in a cold sweat as I recall being forced to listen to them in my parents' company. I always did think that you had a streak of masochism Mr Leyland! Still, I'll be happy to accept that dram.

And Phil, think of the bad impression you've just given to all of those innocent new Challengers. Shame on you for resurrecting such horrors.

Colin

Is it just me, or was that video quite stirring?