​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Jetboil Minimo or MSR Windburner.

Hi Bernie,

I have the Minimo, it's a great cooker and never had. A problem with it in the wind. The regulator also means it performs better in lower temperatures.

I'm sticking with a alcohol burner for the TGO though.

Regrads

Rich

Get Meths....
A Tokes or Alpkit Pot
And one of Norman's Stoves.

All you need on a challenge.

And on offer.

Hi Bernie,

The question you have to ask yourself is what do you want to do with the stove on the Challenge. I use the MSR and it is a great water boiler but that is all it does. It's the ideal stove for me on the Challenge because all I want to do is make hot drinks and rehydrate meals. A meths stove is lighter but it takes longer and I don't have the patience. I know it's a virtue but I'm not virtuous.

Ian C.

I use a stove for the exact same reasons as Ian, I too have no patience and I cannot bear the smell of meths. I cannot vouch for the Minimo itself, but I adore my Jetboil Flash for it's simplicity, reliability and functionality. It does what it says on the tin and suits me and my needs perfectly, I can see no reason why the Minimo would not be as good.

If you want to go the Jetboil-type gas stove route have a look at: https://www.alpkit.com/products/brukit-jackal

Otherwise Stormin' Norman's stoves are the dog's doo-dahs: very lightweight, very simple, very reliable. Oh, and cheap.

Norralot not to like really.