​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Exeter ride share & Dartmoor training buddy

Yep I live in Exeter and am signed up for the challenge 2017.

I often go wild camping on Dartmoor and have completed the two moors way. I will definitely be interested in some trekking and wild camping days.

Give us a message on here and we could organise something.

I am not particularly physically fit at the mo, but the training regime is going to start in January.

My route I have planned is taking me from Oban to Montrose, I am most likely to get a plane ticket to Glasgow Airport, then the train from the airport to Oban the day before I start.

Hi Laurence,

I live in Exeter and have got a place in the 2017 challenge. It will be the first crossing for me and so I'm interested in training with other challenge participants nearby. Some wild camping would be a good idea.

Cheers,

Rob.

Hi,

I too am on my first crossing and live near Exeter... we're going up to Dartmoor for a small test of some new gear in a couple of weeks and will be doing a few more walks up there in the coming months.

I'd be interested to know what you guys have got planned for some training routes.

Hi Ian,

I'm in a similar position to you. Would be great to hear about your planned walking activities or to arrange something. I want to do some practise on Dartmoor to make sure my kit (which I am in the process of updating) is right.

I could manage something in a couple of weeks (around 21st) or later.

Cheers,

Rob.

Hi,
Had a good hike with Oliver over the weekend. Did about 40km over 2 very damp days and 1 night, out of Okehampton.

Nice to see how many people are from Exeter. My next planned outing will be on Sat 21st Jan, I cannot stay out but will do a long 25KM+ day hike.

I am planning an overnight wild camp on the weekend of the 11th/12th Feb.

In terms of routes on Dartmoor, logistically it works out well to go across Dartmoor from Okehampton to Ivybridge. With good bus links into Okehampton and trains back from Ivybridge to Exeter. Unless people want to shuttle cars between start and finish point.

Get in touch if anyone would like to join.

That's dedication because it was pretty wet on Dartmoor over the weekend . . .
I'd certainly be up for meeting up one evening in Exeter in the next month or so to compare routes and share any info etc. Any takers?