​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Draft Kit List

You could probably leave out the sunglasses. I've never taken them and only missed them once (2012). And I've rarely seen a midge on the Challenge.

People vary how much warmth they need in the evening but you seem a little short on clothes to me.

Otherwise it looks like a good list.

Vanessa

YesI'm probably being a little optimistic with the sunglasses, although they're not that dark so also wear them in windy conditions as well. I've dropped the smidge but keeping the net..just incase.

I tend to run on the warm side but if the weather looks unusually cold then I may swap out my down jacket for a heavier Alpkit one.

hi all, Im a bit worried about this tread, its not happened yet!!!! Im absolutely with Robin on this, plan for the worst
that the challenge can throw at you and believe me it can!! its not the end of days if you carry an extra Ib come on guys!!!
and besides most of you light weight grupies only do low level any way!!!!!

I do take sunglasses. Having fallen and had a nasty bang on my head (I think it was in 2013) which included bending, but not breaking my glasses (phew!!!) I realised how vulnerable I would be if I broke my glasses. Always carry a spare pair now - and being hopeful, that spare pair is my prescription sunglasses ....

I decided not to take my Rab Spark this May and took my Rab Mountain Dru instead. With the driving rain over the Cairngorm and some cold winds on other days I was glad of the winter jacket. I wouldn't have enjoyed my high days as much in my Spark.

Bin the deodorant and smell like a stag!