​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: route planning

That's Loch Awe?

Stormin' mentioned doing this in a previous thread. If you've got his number or email try him for details - if not I'm sure he'll see this & reply.

Hello Sam, I was thinking of crossing from Breavallich NM955 080 to
Dalavich NM971 127. As there is no ferry that I know of on Loch Awe I was thinking of taking my own boat across, or getting a lift from one of the fish farm workers that I know, any good?

I looked at this possibility a few years back.

Contact the hotel.

When I asked, they had a small fleet of self-drive motor skiffs (for anglers), and if you've got somebody who will be prepared to drive it back then hiring one of them might be your solution; although in stormy weather I'm not sure I'd want to make the crossing in an open skiff with an outboard motor.

When I enquired, they DID also hae a steam launch, with a boatman, and if you paid them enough they would fire it up and drive you across to the castle. The last time I spoke, however, they were unsure whether it would have its waterworthiness certificate (or whatever) for the then coming Challenge season, so I decided against planning on making ht ecrossing.

However ... things may have developed. Have a word and see. If it is does have its passenger-carrying waterworthiness certificate, and if there are a few of you to share the cross, it might make for an interesting alternative way of getting out of Oban.

Going up to Dalavich this weekend,will try to find some info.

hi storming,There,s a dram in it for you if its good news!!!!

Ring this number 07703 112422 to get your result.

hi stormin me old mucker, mums the word but is that number for me and sam for you know what!!!!

hi storming well done mate, I owe you a very large dram ??? xxx