​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: On your marks, get set, apply!

Hmmm.
Not so sure about this.

Attempting filling the form in for the third time so far... Keeps crashing and not saving any of the details I had previously typed in. It doesn't seem to like a return on the Doctor's details.

Application in no confirmation emails received, spam box checked no email, reapplied this evening again no confirmation email, perhaps a reference number should be given on completion of online forms, just a thought. Waiting on mag hitting shelf and hopeful there is a old fashioned form inside

Same here. Sent the form tonight but no confirmation e-mail.

Byron yours has arrived (twice). Alan and Kirsten yours are also in the inbox. If anyone else has completed the form but not had confirmation please email us and we'll look into it over the weekend.
We have been inundated with emails and over 50 applications today and there just weren't enough hours in the day to deal with them all - and run a hostel too! In previous years the most we have ever had in one day was 20. For most people the system seems to be working but please bear with us. The odd glitch may be the result of minor tweaks behind the scenes to try and fine tune it.
Please be patient - you do have till 31st October to apply! We'll catch up with the rest of the applications and emails over the weekend.

Ah.

That explains everything.

For years everyone laughed at me whenever I said that they were overworking the poor little mice inside the vending machines making all that coffee in atrocious cramped working conditions. They all said it was an automatic machine that made the coffee!

It appears that I was right all along; We have been overworking Ali & Sue. It's not an automated response then!

Bless!

xx

Good news for the overseas entry, fees down to about $65 and €59 from last year. I wonder why that could be?

You're right about those vending machines, Alan. Shameful working conditions!

I was interested to see the new system, where applications are made without any financial commitment. My prediction (sorry, organisers) is that, because of this, a lot more people will apply. I hope that the organisers won’t be inundated with applications from people who enter on a whim, and then decide in November that maybe they can’t be bothered after all. I will be interested to see what happens.

Keep up the good work, Ali and Sue, you are doing a great job!

I've used the online application as well but when I hit the submit button nothing happened. I pressed it quite a few times so either there are multiple entries from me or none at all. Can someone let me know which it is please?

Good point,

IMO all applicants should have to include a non-returnable deposit (say £10) before applications accepted. If they don't go through with application, the deposits should be donated to John Muir Trust

Well, mine is done and confirmed
Like you two KNEW I was going to apply .

Liking Ian's Idea

Well done Ali and Sue!

Within minutes I received a confirmation of my application!
(Saves an awful lot of time filling in a form and scanning it.)

After having a rest year, you will see me on the 2017 Challenge (Deo Volente).

Cheers!

OK, that's the application in! However, one question: the magazine says payment is required which will be refunded if unsuccessful but there was no option in the application process to make a payment. Should I give payment details now or wait until successful?
Looking forward to my 5th crossing,
Simon.

Hi,

Once the application has been accepted you'll be sent a link to an online payment system to pay and confirm entry.

Hope this helps.

Will, TGO