​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Terry's Last Munro

Shy and retiring Challenge Leg-end, Terry Leyland is planning to compleat the Munros on Ben Lomond on Saturday 3 September. A search through Challenge archives suggest that Terry is of indeterminate age and would be glad of any help to reach the summit. I have booked the NTS Ben Lomond Bunkhouse at Rowardennan and have some places available for the Friday and Saturday nights. E-mail or phone me on 07753634620 if interested.

Re: Terry's Last Munro

Very thoughtful of him to leave a nice easily accessible Southern one til last. Count me in. Not sure how late arriving I shall be. What time does he propose to set foot? Do I need to drive the whole way on Friday evening, or will it b eviable to come in th ecamper, stop a bit short, and press on to be with you at the foot of the mountain at, say, 11 a.m.?

Well Jezza,
Looking at the motley crew that Tel has attracted, I think an Alpine start is a remote possibility. It won't be too early. Your biggest problem will be finding anywhere to park a camper outside the official caravan parks on Loch Lomond east side. The National Park has a disgraceful set of bye-laws that deter camping or overnight parking anywhere along the shore or near the road.

Hi John,

I'll be in the SYHA Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

How close is this to Waggy's beer barrels?

It's about 200 metres along an unlight narrow path; so that's 500 metres on the way back.

And those 200m (or 500m) contain a 1000 Ph. (Potholes)!

Well ... we went. We walked. We topped out. We drank uisge beatha. And we returned in one piece.

Many thanks, Terry, for inviting us to share this special ascent with you.

Yes Jeremy, Some topped out and some toppled over. On Sunday Kirsten Paterson also completed the Corbetts with an ascent of Cnoc Coinnich,a newly discovered addition to the list. She was accompanied by Dave Skipp, so we have a reliable witness.