​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: An Open Letter - Experience!!

It's not just experience to read a map but experience to look at the cloud on the hills and say "I'm not going up there today" and take a lower level route. It's the experience to know when you can't walk due to injury or ill health. I had this on the third day of the challenge when I picked up a D&V bug. A fellow challenger offered to walk with me from Cougie to Fort Augustus but I declined the offer saying that if I did walk I would probably end up a mountain recue statistic. As it happened that 24 hour rest meant I was able to continue walking the next day and complete the challenge, albeit as a partial crossing.

It's experience in all sorts of ways. To many people look at a hill and think "I'll be up that in a couple of hours" only to find themselves still slogging upwards four hours later. Getting pack weight down is a skill, as is working out food and where to pick up new supplies.

If only it were as simple as using a map and compass!

Paul I think your missing the point of the whole paragraph it's self. The navigation was only a small part of the main question, The main part was tit for tat and why complains was issued and therefore tannish people reputation and integrity

So what was the issue?