​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: sad news,

Another original and part of an unforgettable duo. Very sad news but given his state of health he put up a real fight for many years. Condolences to Sue and his family.

Very sad news, I first met Mick on his first Challenge in 1983, he was walking with Pete Hirst, and in Braemar we became good friends. He was also one of the founder members of the Hill and Mountain Walking Club, formally The Over The Hill Club, and through the years attended along with Sue many Club meets in all parts of the Country. Our thoughts go to Sue and Micks family, RIP Michael. Bernie

Very sorry indeed to hear this. I met Mike several times during my earlier challenges. A few years ago Mike entrusted me with publishing his record of the 1987 Challenge, when he incorporated all the 4000s, along with the late Iain Matheson.

Mike Daniels' 1987 Challenge

Condolences to Mike's family & friends.

Such sad news. Mick was a veteran of 22 crossing, some solo but many with friends - ever smiling, always positive and encouraging to Challengers new and old. He was a real Challenge character and we hope is his now enjoying a pint somewhere up above us with his fellow Doncaster Challenger Pete Hirst. We'll never forget them both walking with heart monitors stopping every few yards in case their pulse rates went too high! That year they pioneered a "subterranean route" but as the link to his 1987 route proves he was a real mountain man as well.
He'll be sadly missed. Our thoughts are with Sue and the rest of his family and friends.

I'm so sorry to hear this.
I remember as a novice challenger being given lots of encouragement by Mick. He was a lovely man.

I am very sorry indeed to hear the news of Micks passing. Always welcoming and hospitable when you met him on the hill and a truly great Challenger.

My deepest condolences to Sue and family.

Colin Tock

So many fond memories of Mick,Pete and Ian, all great friends and Challenge brothers.
Mick was a hard man to catch on the hill those little legs carried a big heart.
our deepest sympathy to Sue.
Myra and Norman.