​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Life of Maurice Woolf: Master Jazzman and Werwolf of the Upper Dulnain

Regular readers of the Challenge noticeboard will remember the name of Maurice Woolf, a regular contributor to these pages. Like many who encounter us as we walk across Scotland, Maurice took pride is his association with the challenge and — or so it is rumoured — friendship with certain Challengers. Sadly, Maurice died not too long ago (although his daughter Eimar has appeared here also).

Readers may not know that Maurice was a world class Jazz musician who’s career spanned from the 50’s until the early years of the 21st Century. Have no doubt that Maurice was an important, international figure. After the expiry of copyright on his early material the Library of Congress released a whole series of field recordings. Some of these were re-mastered by Document Records.

Maurice's estate have been in touch to provide details of his music career. So, I have started a new series of posts on my blog that take Maurice's career album by album. For each work I shall feature the album artworks plus a commentary from a leading, hairy, critic. I’m not quite sure who the commentator is but it is surely someone who is something of an authority on Maurice.

You can follow the series here:

http://www.andyhowell.info/trek-blog/category/maurice-woolf/

Re: The Life of Maurice Woolf: Master Jazzman and Werwolf of the Upper Dulnain

Andy, beyond thrilled that you're publishing this material! Clicky link is Right here. xx Eimar