​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Last min change of mind

Hi i need some good info, I know its late i know. I am trying to decide whether to take my gortex coat with some of the seals totally shot or to take a new berghaus coat i have but its a AQ2. Has anyone been in foul weather with a AQ2 jacket and are they any good. The thing my old gortex coat is bulky and heavy but the AQ2 coat is light weight and light. Iv not had chance to wear it in foul weather so i dont know if it will be any good. Whats the difference between gortex and AQ2?????

Re: Last min change of mind

Breathable fabrics will only work well in the right climatic conditions - so if you are in the dry and cold at altitude fantastic but other than that you get a performance variation. There is also a design problem with waterproof jackets in that they have 3 holes in them one for your head and the other your hands.
So take the lightweight version and be moistly content on the inside!!

Take the lighter one, its going to be sunny all the way across. It always is. (not).

Thanks the light one it is. Love your answer Dickie that really changed my mind ha ha. The gortex one was a little thicker and did keep the wind out quite alot compared to the AQ2 jacket which is thin. who gets cold in scotland and if you do you can always have a wee dram to warm you up well thats my excuse anyway