​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: How much booze?

Are we talking orally or intravenously? Certain Challengers go for a steady drip-feed. Others go whole hog and scarf the lot in one monster gulp.

Personally I believe that whisky is best drunk outdoors. Preferably in driving sleet through gritted teeth. Whiskey, however, is a horse of a different hue - more suited to front-porch sippin'.

250ml per night? Way to go, babes. I salute you !

Peter Atkinson
I liked the other booze related thread, and am one for enjoying possibly too much whisky in the hills... Single Malt is certainly my drink of choice, thing is, how much per night? What do folk take? I was thinking 250ml per night would be a good balance!

Pete

I only carry one bottle a night. 😲

100 ml bottle that is......😭

Peter Atkinson
I liked the other booze related thread, and am one for enjoying possibly too much whisky in the hills... Single Malt is certainly my drink of choice, thing is, how much per night? What do folk take? I was thinking 250ml per night would be a good balance!

Pete

Pete Mate!
You have to ask that question you aren't taking enough fella!

Is 35 CL for 4 nights too much?

"I tshhiink shnot shir!"

What Sir Humphrey is trying to say is that whiskey is an alcoholic drink distilled by Celtic monks in Ireland, whereas whisky is an alcoholic drink perfected by Celtic monks in Scotland. That's the quality issue sorted; quantity depends on whether you intend sharing with fellow Challengers.

I'm thinking 250ml for me, so I may need to take more to share, although the danger of that is that I drink more. I have 4 bottles of Scottish malt and tonight my Dad gave me a bottle of English malt. I'll see who can tell what is what!

Pete

English whisky goes down exceedingly well at Lochcallater Lodge.

I remember the last time you brought English whisky to Lochcallater Lodge. It certainly got a reaction but I wouldn't describe it as "going down exceedingly well". In fact I think the opposite would be more accurate.

Ian C.

Ian C.
I remember the last time you brought English whisky to Lochcallater Lodge. It certainly got a reaction but I wouldn't describe it as "going down exceedingly well". In fact I think the opposite would be more accurate.

Ian C.

I heard tell it was blinding stuff!
No I mean literally ;-)

Well it tasted like ethanol with just a hint of caramel.

Ian C.