​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: what is your favourite wee dram

I was given a dram of rather excellent 18 year cask strength 2 challenges ago.
Sadly I let bloody Sloman sample it and he necked the whole lot the greedy *******

I agree with Alan sup my dads first and maybe share mine when his is empty. Whiskey always goes down well at callater lodge I remember last time I was there unforgettable with really nice people, and a very fuzzy head to go with it. I have been keeping a bottle for years and thought I would take it with me on this years challenge. It's a maxwell 28 year old not sure if anyone has heard of this but apparently it's quite a lovely malt

"Maxwell" was one of the names Lidl used for some of their own name malt whiskies. They created a storm when first launched as excellent drams at very keen prices. I suggest it is a bit too good to be offered to the drouthy cronies at Callater. Give it to your Vetter for safekeeping

Oh my ears and whiskers! So many drams, so little time . . .

My late father, Maurice Woolf was curiously fond of a light Lowland malt - Auchentoshan
Click here for a taste.

My own taste is for Bourbon (turn away now #shudders). And my favourite right now is the very wonderful William Wolf Click here to take a look at the William Wolf website. named after the (in)famous moonshiner and travelling musician William Wolf.

And just a wee reminder that The Werewolves of The Upper Dulnain plan a Monster Cookout at our lair Wednesday 18 May. Email me off-forum for directions, heh heh.

Eimar Woolf
Clan Chieftainess - Werewolves of The Upper Dulnain

I take it Mr Lambert is talking from personal experience.

Ian C.

Ah, Ian. I am delighted to say that I have been redeemed, thanks to this excellent non-alcoholic beverage.

Just the unfortunate coke habit to get over now

Yes, Phil, I do believe I've had a few of these in the Mason's Arms in Tarfside of an evening. It certainly keeps the scurvy at bay.

Younger Challengers constructing a temporary shelter after the excesses of the previous few daze.

I tried snorting coke once but the bubbles played hell with my sinuses.

Ian C.

Yes John this is the one lidl did. Iv had it for about 6 years now and it's worth at auction about £80! because iv had it for that long it seems a shame opening it now. I have had a wee dram of maxwell before and what I can remember it was very nice. Don't underestimate lidl ha ha

A good Islay malt like Lagavulin or Laphroaig. I prefer mine neat but as my old grandad used to say: A finger of whisky a finger of water is the true way to drink it.