​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Braemar Camp Site

I've just been told that they only have one or two spaces on the 20th are now fully booked for tents on the 21st May.

Re: Braemar Camp Site

I wonder if they realise how small our tents are.....although it may be that the council has set it's own maximum limit.

Not council owned - but maybe they need a reminder about the size of backpacking tents anyway...

They are well aware of the size of our tents so I suspect the problem may be the planning permission for the site. I'll have a word with them tomorrow to see how if we can resolve the problem - so watch this space.

I hope you manage to sort something Alan - we hadn't booked as in the past they've said that they would always make room - & were planing to camp there on the 21st.

I have spoken to the camp site this morning and they've assured me that they will do their utmost to accommodate anyone turning up who haven't booked. The problem is that not only has the tent area been drastically reduced they have to make sure that there are adequate firebreaks. In order to fit as many of us in as possible they are now going to use the grass caravan pitches.

There still seems to be limited availability at the Youth Hostel for the 20th and 21st but until the desk is open after 5.00 tonight I can't established whether these are for male or female so I will post another message about the YH tonight.

The Braemar Youth Hostel has the following vacancies:-

20th 5 male dorm beds; 1 private room with 2 beds
21st 2 female beds; 1 private room with 3 beds

Hope this helps someone. I'm also going to post this as a separate item.

Thanks Alan - that's helpful to know. :)