​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: South Links Campsite, Montrose - do you want to stay there this year?

Before the site was privatised it wasn't necessary to pre-book, not for Backpackers anyway. I know the site's been developed quite a lot in recent years and there's less available space now. Do you reckon pre-booking is strictly necessary?

It doesn't effect me, I'll be slumming it in the Park!

JJ

Booking isn't absolutely essential but they are concerned because of the high demand for pitches from the Music Festival which seems to be getting bigger each year. They have been really helpful and have promised to accommodate us as best they can despite the ongoing development works and are happy to take people turning up on the day but obviously can't give an absolute guarantee there will be space. However they do want to plan to have sufficient staff and reserve enough space for usso if you are planning to book on the day can you let us know so we can give them some rough provisional numbers. The main problem is Friday and we would strongly advise if you want to stay then that you pre book.

Just out of curiosity, is it allowed to camp at the beach ?

We four TGOC Team Canada souls will be staying there. Hoping to meet other challengers from anywhere onthe planet. Staying for the following days for the MoFest music event as well.