​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Raising money for SSAFA and PoTS UK

Dear all,

I am raising money for SSAFA amd PoTS UK. Details about these charities can be found below. Donations can be made through BT Donate and searching for 'simon conrad', or use the address: https://mydonate.bt.com/fundraisers/simonconrad1 . Please help me to get this message out by passing it onto your friends and colleagues.

The Armed Forces charity, SSAFA, has played a pivotal role in supporting my family as we have come to terms with a chronic systemic illness called PoTS. Through SSAFA's efforts, my wife now has an adapted, powered wheelchair that helps us to be a family again.

Postural Tachycardia Syndrome (PoTS) is a life altering health condition. For my wife, simply sitting & standing is impossible without medication, as her body is unable to adjust to gravity. PoTS sufferers can also have a genetic disorder called Ehlers Danlos Syndrome (EDS). My wife has this, resulting in tube feeding and in the future, gastric surgery.

PoTS UK supports individual patients, and educates the public and medical professionals to this widely unknown condition by funding and sharing up to date medical research. PoTS UK offers hope that life can be enjoyed while living with this condition.