​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
First timer

Good afternoon all,

I have been an avid follower of the challenge over the past few years. I have decided that 2017 will be the year that I finally take part.

Although I am not new to long distance and endurance walking, I am still looking for any advice you more experienced challengers can offer me? Any hints, tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all.

Mark

Re: First timer

Hi Mark, very best wishes for 2017.
This thread has lots of ideas for first timers.

If you follow the link at the top of the page for 'downloads', scroll down, you'll find a list of Challenge blogs. 'Doodlecat', in particular, has a lot of good reading. Googling TGO Challenge also leads you to a lot of interesting reading.
Good luck and enjoy!

hi Mark, back in 1990 i didn't know much about the challenge then, but i new it was going to be a massive adventure
and it was!!! and still is!! knowing to much about how it and what to expect could take away the some part of the adventure
you will have ups and downs on your crossing and sometimes be thinks thinking what the bloody hell am i doing here!!!
but boy what an adventure you'll be on!!! mark enjoy every minute of it,its your special moment in time !!!!!!

Hi Mark bring lots of scotish holy water with you and make sure you go to loch callater lodge just after Braemar

What Stefan said, except no need to bring the Scottish Holy Water with you; there is plenty there.