​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Storing bag during walk

Howdy folks! Lindley and I are looking forward to joining the TGOC this year as first timers. Wondering if anyone has had experience storing a bag in Edinburgh during the walk? We're hoping to stash a little duffle so we can have something comfortable to travel in when we finish up.

The B&B we're staying won't keep a bag for two weeks and the rates for left luggage at the Edinburg airport seem steep. Thanks in advance for any pointers!

Cheers,

Matt & Lindley

Re: Storing bag during walk

In the past we've been able to send a parcel to the Park Hotel Montrose so we can collect it at the finish, information should be in the final details, assuming this will still be acceptable (can see no reason why not...) I've done this and it's lovely to open a parcel and find things you'd forgotten you'd posted! I usually post my parcel the Wednesday before I set off, so they don't have to store it for too long, usually under the big table in the Kinnaird Suite that Challenge Control has taken over for the duration.
Hope this helps.

Louise's advice is probably the best option.

I could if your flight arrives at Edinburgh Airport prior to 3pm on Wednesday 11th May provide another solution.

Ian

I also Snore badly due to being so tired when walking the TGO.......ah hold on, just read the title again. Oops.

Thanks Everyone! We were able to get an Edinburgh hostel to hold our bag although the Montrose seems enticing. Really looking forward to the walk! Plenty of rain and snow here in Wyoming to get us up to snuff.

Best,

M&L