​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ballater and Montrose Campsite

We are pleased to hear that both Ballater and Montrose Campsites will be up and running for this years Challenge.

The owners of Ballater Camping and Caravan Park have worked tirelessly over the last few months to clear the site and prepare it for tents and touring vans. You can book by going to www.ballatercaravanpark.com. They have been very good to the Challenge in the past - those who were there in the storm of 2011 can vouch for this! - so we would urge Challengers to support them again.

Angus Council have told us that the campsite is now open and taking bookings. The website won't be available for another month or so but you can book by phoning their "ACCESSline" on 03452 777778. This is a general inquiriesZV line for the council so you need to make it clear you want to book for the campsite and then someone will phone you back to take your booking. Pre-booking is advised as the music festival is also in town so it is likely to be busy. They may put all Challengers in one area so let them know when you book that you are part of the Challenge. Prices are:
1 person backpacking tent £9:50
2 person backpacking tent £11.50
Camping pod £25

Re: Ballater and Montrose Campsite

Great news!

I look forward to the visit. Without the campsite there was a real danger the the only Challenger visiting might be Humphrey! We couldn't have that :-)

That is a Very Shabby little comment, Andy. I will have my revenge! Seriously, great to learn that both Montrose and Ballater will be open for business. Let the party begin!

:-)