​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Braemar Update

Hi All,

For whatever reason it is difficult to gather info re Area.

However:

The new bridge at Derry Lodge is OK as are all further west of Derry Lodge bridges, needless to say much damage has been done to popular paths and although some repair work has been done not all repairs have been undertaken. The bridge over the Linn of Quoich remains in place but with no water passing under, the Quoich is now 50m to the east with no bridge over (it can be waded)
The extended closure of the River Dee bridge at Polhollick for repair was defeated with Frank and is now again closed to foot traffic as is the bridge at Cambus o' May.

The Ballater Caravan and Camp Site is to reopen for Touring vehicles at some point but as of today I cannot give a reopening date for that. As for camping at this moment there is none but that could change overnight.

There is still mountains of debris along the sides of the River Dee, some is being removed and burned, others wait there turn.

Braemar escaped serious flooding and is setting itself up to welcome challengers.

The Moorfield has changed hands however the new owners assure me that the Marquee will be in place with seating inside and all will be most welcome for a pint!

Also the Chipper has changed hands and the new owners are keen to inpress Challengers with their fair.

The Bistro has also changed hands and will offer evening food for all.

The Coffee Bothy will operate as normal with food for all.

The Fife is closed however there are signs that renovation work is about to commence.

The Old Bakery, the Butcher, and the Chemist will all be on hand to offer there services as in previous years.

I myself will be abroad till mid May and if you have any queries please contact Katy Fennema at Callater Lodge Hotel on 013397 41275.

Keep Walking

Doug Bruce Braemar

Re: Braemar Update

Thanks Doug
You're a star, Sir.

Re: Braemar Update

Comprehensive - thanks Doug!

JJ