​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
What is the Campsite E of Kirkmichael near A93 / B950 ?

I'm considering walking on from Kirkmichael after my tea and looking for somewhere to camp. The OS map shows a caravan and tent campsite at NO136585. Google Streetview shows static caravans on the field in September 2015 but I cannot find out anything about what this site is. Local places are Easter Bleaton and Dalrulzion.

Does anyone know what this site is called? It's probably not my kind of site - as it looks like it's intended for static vans only - but I'd like to have it in mind as a backup plan if necessary.

Re: What is the Campsite E of Kirkmichael near A93 / B950 ?

I could find very little about this site Judith. It was at some point popular with weekenders from Fife, and is used by canoeists (although not at the moment because the bridge was wrecked recently and us toi dangerous to pass), so my decision was not to rely on it. In fact, I'm going a different way!
Hope someone else knows better.

Hi Judith,

I have driven past this site many times, and all I can tell you is that it has always been what you see in Streetview: a field with a lot of static caravans. I always assumed it was some kind of caravan club site or just a farmer letting out his field to some pals. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Thanks Louise and Emma

Although the little blue tent on the map was tempting, I think it may actually be a red herring!

I've found some suitable wild pitches which should be nicer.

Judith

Hi Judith,

I'm pretty certain that it is static vans only but if you want to check it out it is the Middleton Of Dalrulzion Farm Caravan Site, Bridge Of Cally, BLAIRGOWRIE, PH10 7LH

Alan

Thanks, Alan. I did wonder if it was linked to the nearby farm. It's a bit odd that I can't find any details online - even when I search for the farm's name.

You may find this link useful:

LINK

Tel no. 01250 882226
Mr DAS Cameron, Proprietor.

Thanks Alan. I've already decided I don't want to stay there but my inquisitive nature is curious to find out more.

According to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glen_Shee "The long established caravan site at Dalrulzion is a favourite with weekenders from Dundee and Fife."

So there you have it. Somewhere in Dundee there must be a postcard pinned to a noticeboard advertising this long-established caravan site. There is no other publicity.