​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: SALOMON X Ultra 2 GTX Men's Hiking Shoe - £64 instead of £115

You can solve the lace replacement problem with some 1mm Dyneema cord - I bought some from Craigdon Sports in Inverness before the 2104 Challenge as a backup to the quick laces on my Salomons. Most outdoor shops sell it by the metre off a reel. Never had a problem with three pairs with either the laces slipping or breaking over 1000+ miles of walking and running.

The Dyneema 1mm has a breaking strain of 130Kg in case you were worried..... It can also double up as a spare guy line if necessary.

Im gonna do a two dare in Wales as a kit shake out for the TGO and ill wear my Ultra's . Il report back my findings.
Im hoping your wrong as i put my bet on these being my TGO foot wear :(

I got some Salomon boots last year and they were quite fab - comfy and waterproof etc etc for quite a while. Now, they're lethal. I just can't stand up on wet grass if its at an angle greater than 5 degrees. I actually ended up in casualty, having had heard and felt a distinct pop as I fell over... OK, I had my thighs felt up by a really nice orthopaedic practise nurse, but even so, it wasn't really worth it.

Oh, I dunno, though.... at my age......

Just be careful..